Quan An Cuu Non, an exceptional Greek restaurant on the canal.
Hours: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
One of Saigon’s best Greek Restaurants serving authentic Greek cuisine, Vietnamese street food style.
📍 395, Hoàng Sa, Phường 8, Quận 3, Thành Phố ↵ | Hours 12:00 – 23:00 (varies)
Can’t decide whether to go to a Greek restaurant, or to go for Vietnamese? We understand the dilemma, both are outstanding cuisines. And both deserve their reputations for top culinary countries. Fortunately, the infamous canal in Phu Nhuan district has an outstanding restaurant which serves both, not fusion, but separate. And dishes from both sides of the world are fantastic. The owner is a loud yet funny character who lived most of his life in Greece, and will entertain you and help you through the menu if you have any questions.
Quan An Cuu Non is definitely a place to go to dinner with a group, whether to celebrate a birthday, or a night out with your colleagues.
They have a diverse menu based mostly on lamb dishes, from Vietnamese style lamb hot pot and curry to Greek style roasted lamb, Lamb Sausage among others. The Greek salad and Moussaka are absolutely divine. They also have a diverse European wine list which pairs beautifully with the medium rare cooks of lamb and steak. Quan An Cuu Non is definitely one of those Greek restaurants to go to dinner with a group, whether to celebrate a birthday, or a night out with your colleagues.
Our favorite dishes from the the Greek side are in order of importance:
Entire leg of lamb 6000,000NVD/KG (order one day before)
For 600,000VND you can feed an entire family. This beautiful piece of meat is marinated, stuffed with entire cloves of garlic, and slow roasted. The effect is the most tender, juicy and delicious leg of lamb you can have. Served with a gravy, basically the drippings collected from the roasting of the leg as well as a salad and chips.
The Menu, our favorites.
- Moussaka – Layers of eggplant, potatoes, minced meat, a thickened cream sauce and cheese on top. It’s a sweet, juicy, meaty and delicious treat.
- Lamb Hotpot (lau cừu tien)- All are great, served with a rich broth and various dried fruits and ginseng root
- Greek salad – romaine lettuce, olive oil, black olives, blocks of fetta cheese
- Grilled lamb with butter and garlic, usually cooked medium rare, absolutely packed with juicy flavor.
- Home-made Sausage, with fresh green peppercorns and served with mustard and garlic-chili sauce.
- Vietnamese style, lamb curry. (Cà ri cừu) sweet and savory, served with a coconut milk base.
Open: every day 3-11pm